Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Post AES

So, the AES convention is over, but it was great. It was difficult to try and do everything I wanted, but now at least I know who to talk to in a variety of different areas for future research. There were papers, and demos, and great speakers (lecturers and actual loudspeakers) - I heard a demo using the Barcelona student competition winner's recording of an a cappella men's choir (or it could have been overdubbed performances in a hall - dunno). It blew me away.

I've been eating well, you can bet. I'm not too worried about a so-called "diet" because I haven't walked this much in a loooong time. My calves and shins ache! But back to the food: des pains au chocolates, pommes frites, du lemonade (tout c'est different, mais TOUT), entrecote de bifsteack, d'agneau, oh je suis á septiéme ciel!

I heard about a student who moved to Paris and never looked back - he came here to work for MOTU. Will my cajones ever be that large? I feel at home here.

Oh - and before I forget, X3 was AWESOME, it premiered here 2 days before the states. Another selling point for this city.



á bientot, ya'll.

No comments: