Monday, May 29, 2006

May 29: The Eiffel Tower

Okay I am in a really, really long line for my trip up the Eiffel Tower. There's really nothing else to do now, this is the perfect time to blog. For the first time I feel like an Official Tourist. One thing I am learning is that "some people" have no regard for personal space. This line is pretty tight for an American. Yep, I'm an American in Paris!

As you can imagine, people from every country in the world come here. As I stand here, I hear English (British - no Americans yet), Italian, and some languages I don't recognize. I think a few Israelis, Asians, Polish; white, black, brown, yellow. Blond, brunette, and dreadlocks! Families, couples, kids, maybe some other singles besides me but I can't tell. Everybody. Everybody.


--
I am now in a restaurant near the Tour (French for "tower") and enjoying an Amaretto on the rocks. Soon I will mow down on some chicken and fries. The tower was great: crowded and very windy, but at times the wind died down enough to hear yourself think. It was so windy I didn't want to stay up there long, but I made myself try to have a "reflective moment" and realize I was actually on top of the freakin' Eifel Tower. I took video and pics to share. I also bought a couple things - they have shops on the 2nd floor, as well as a restaurant on the 1st floor.

For the video, click here, or go to http://www.insideaudio.com/europe2006/Leslie%20Eiffel%20Clip.mov

...and for the pictures, click here.

Time to eat. See ya!

No comments: