Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Day One!

Blog may 15 - 16
7:10 pm CST
Why am I on this plane? Let me rephrase that. How is it possible I am on this plane? This was one Hell of a tight connection. I had to run my ass over here: from gate C32 to C16. Big deal, you say? Well, seeing as I had 5 minutes to do it... I mean, MAYBE it was five ... No one could tell us if they would hold the flight.

About two hours ago, I was sitting at the gate in Denver. The flight had been delayed 30 minutes. I knew my connection was doomed. Originally, I only had an hour between flights. Now I just helplessly watched as that time dwindled down minute by minute. But the pilot kicked ass and flew real fast - and not too much turbulence. Not that I would have minded, I was sedated. :) Other people on that flight had even tighter connections than me. God help us victims of the airline industry. But I'm not thankless. No, just glad to be alive. Thank you, flight safety statistics. And thank you, Xanax.

May 16.
11:30 am GMT
Really, business class is the only way to fly. Filet mignon, two Amarettos on the rocks (complimentary!), a blindfold, earplugs, and a comfy blanky. Strawberry and vanilla ice cream for desert. I watched "The Matador", which was worth the money I spent (none). Funny, but once is enough. Then I was out cold from about 4 am to 9 am GMT! Woke up for two refreshing glasses of orange juice, some fruit and a croissant (microwaves should be outlawed) then another hour nap. Oh - a little advice: don't mix Xanax and alcohol. I was pretty limp and groggy when we landed. Now I just spent £20 ($40ish) for a shuttle to the hotel. I took some video along the way and I'll post it soon.

15:54 GMT
The hotel advertised in-room internet. That was a damnable lie. I am at the "Video Cafe" spending £4.99 (hello, almost 10 bucks) to let you know all these brilliant goings on. I hope I'll fare better in Paris und Köeln.

Gotta stay up today! Beat the jet lag! I'M SO TIRED...ack. Hope to make contact with Ben, Mike, and Andy. More to follow! You betcha!

1 comment:

pixiesister said...

Hunney, I was ROLLIN' reading this. Read it at work of course - they already think I'm crazy.

Damnable lies. I hate those. They're way worse than regular ones.

Watch the drug mixing, please. :-)XOXO