Sunday, May 21, 2006

AES Paris

For pictures of the latest, go here (no captions this time, sorry - it's a bit time consuming)

Ok, maintenent en français. (Hint: if you don't understand French, try babelfish.altavista.com.)

Vendredi, je fuite par le Eurostar á Paris. Tres ennuit: il était en retard de demi-heure, et quand j'essayait dormir était impossible. Je n'était pas comfortable. Mmm.... ensuit, quand j'arrivait à Gare du Nord, ils announcent le remboursement de le prix de passage, mais c'était pas vrais: ils offrait seulement un billet gratuit pour un autre voyage pour Eurostar. Ok, ne m'inquiété pas. Je suis prêt avoir les bon temps à Paris!

MERDE! Le station Alesia c'est fermé! J'avait marcher - oh - presque d'un mile a l'hotel. Mais ça hotel c'est mille fois meilleur que le Brunel Hotel à Angleterre.

Okay, that took a long time to type. But my new friend Zol'si from Brussels told me he understood it, so "nyah!"

----
Sunday - I presented my paper. It went very well. I "sold out" of my 30 copies, between both the lecture and poster session. I think the "thumbs up video" was helpful in illustrating the idea, the pictures and simple explanation would not have been enough. Afterwards, I met a woman who is very interested in surroud sound radio drama. She didn't say whether "live" was a requirement. Maybe we could do one at a recording studio with Donnie.... All in the name of academia. Also, I met Jeff from DTS who shared some insight into the "drifting sync" versus "ADR sync window". Dave Mallham from York approached me for a copy of my paper, too. Oh - and Doug McKinnie took my pic - I hope to see him tomorrow. I will be too pooped to pop. Watch.

No comments: