Sunday, May 06, 2007

And you thought I wouldn't blog this.

Shame on you.

Here’s the scoop: I got into Vienna and came straight to the hotel. Nice hotel! You can read more about it by clicking here. THEY ROCK for having FREE WI-FI. Thanks for saving me 10 Euros a day, you angels! "Stay at the Mercure. Free wi-fi is like five stars for geeks like me.


I went right away to the conference, and hit all the booths. I met folks from Coding Technologies (those of you who know about the Dolby study last year will go “ooh” here), as well as Arnaud from Trinnov, who I will chat with further next week. I had a great conversation with Max from RME, who I hope to see again, because he is quite sharp.


Um.


I should be doing my “mobile blog”, but I just got the thing up and running. The trouble is, I’m forgetting a bunch of stuff, so all I can say is “Um”. Oh! I’ll show you some pictures now.




Here I am with Vanderkooy and Lipshitz. My heroes. Look up ANY text on digital audio and you’ll see their names. (Click on the picture for a bigger one)


Here I am with Michael Williams, who signed his book for me on Multichannel Microphone techniques.


I also got to see Joe Zawinul’s Birdland! Thanks to Steve Weingart for the suggestion. Sorry Steve… didn’t run into Eric that night!

That’s all for now. I didn’t put Dreamweaver on my laptop, so I am typing in HTML code which is a REAL PAIN. For those of you who don’t know what that means, just know that it took me 30 minutes to bring this to you (when it could have taken about 10).

Guten abend? Er, ah…. G’night.

No comments: